Monday, November 5, 2012

The Country Garden Showcase #41 Special Edition

Happy Monday!
It's been another crazy weekend... If you've read recent posts you know that we just started escrow on our dream homestead.  It's a fixer-upper on the Kaweah River with about 7 acres to farm and graze.  Things have been moving along so well, we cannot help but feel as if our heavenly father has been helping us.  

Well, Friday we called the local real estate agent that sold our current home to us, back in 1995.  She came by to look at the place at about 10am.  She came back with clients she thought "might" like our home just a few hours later, and by 5:30pm we were signing the contract for the sale.  It's SOLD!!!! Whew!  Thank you Linda Costelloe-Clough, you are the best agent EVER!

Things have been moving at the speed of light around here lately, and my head is swirling just trying to keep up.  I keep thinking I must be dreaming.  Things can't really be falling into place so perfectly like this, can they?  

Well, since we start escrow here on this place today and we will have to be out in 45 days... this will likely be my last chance to share pictures from my garden here because everything is staying.  The buyers liked everything, and even made the sale contingent on the coop, arbor, and three of our sweet laying hens.  Don't you just love that?  I did.  I am going to miss my greenhouse and raised garden beds, but we can build more later on.  I am so grateful to this nice couple.  I was really worried about  having to remove the raised garden beds and the coop if the buyer did not want them.

Here are a few pictures from my gardens from the last year or so...




































Thank you for reading and for supporting me with your own blogs and ideas as I have taken my gardening and homesteading journey.  I look forward to sharing my next garden journey with you.

Okay, if you have a garden post you'd like to share... please get right to it!


10 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations! So awesome that everything is falling into place. Great photos too :)

    Tammy
    ourneckofthewoods.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great the new people wanted everything as is and are nice to ! Oh boy all new beginnings and planning, how fun ! Looking forward to posts on your new projects at this new house of yours . Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine. I am very excited to get started too.

      Delete
  3. The new place looks great! I know you're exited. It's amazing to see all you've done over the years at the current homestead. Looking forward to seeing what you do at the new house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy,
      I am looking forward to getting to work and will continue to glean inspiration from your homestead. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!!! can't wait to see the magic and read about your adventures as you turn your new property into your HOME!!! xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you HHL! I am sure looking forward to new adventures.

      Delete
  5. Love your header and the background of your blog!
    I don't have much time for blog hops, so I don't usually comment, sorry.
    I do want to congratulate you on such a quick sale in this economy!
    God bless you on your move. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, things really are moving along quickly! How neat that the buyers want to keep up with what you guys started after all your hard work! Can't wait to follow along with the new place!! {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete

My email address is whitewolfsummitfarmgirl@gmail.com.